The New Horizons Club provides mentored opportunities for adults on the Autism Spectrum to socialize, connect with their communities and live life as fully as possible.
The club aspires for each of its members to enjoy the benefits of a vibrant social network. By finding a sense of community and building lifelong friendships, members inspire one another to try new things, obtain meaningful employment and work toward independent living.
Members also find joy and pride in building a social life independent of that provided by their families.
The New Horizons Club strives to meet these goals as a community of families working together to support our members and their families, inspire our mentors and maintain a vital organization that will continue long into the future.
We are family.
By networking with other Autism support organizations in the Philadelphia region, we work to better the lives of people on the spectrum and their families.
The New Horizons Club is operated by NH Ventures, a non-profit organization as defined under section 501 ( c) 3 of the U.S. tax code.
New Horizons Club Activities include:
• Planning meeting and rap session, usually held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 1430 DeKalb Pike in Norristown.
• Parties celebrating the Superbowl, Final Four, Halloween, the holidays and New Year’s Eve
• Trips to sporting events, comedy clubs, museums, dinner and a movie
• Book Club
• “Aspie Night at the Movies” which gather members to watch films about the Autism community
• Fall weekend camping trip
• Two summer vacations, one in Avalon, NJ, and the other in the Poconos
Parents of New Horizons Club members gather for dinner on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Parents socialize, compare notes and share resources. The parents dinner is timed to coincide with the New Horizons Club monthly planning meeting and rap session, so if you are driving a son or daughter to the meeting, please join us at the parents dinner.
For more information on the parents dinners, check Meetup.com/NewHorizonsClub or call Kathy Haley, 610.246.1366.
Sources of funding for New Horizons include:
• member dues ($30 per month)
• activity fees (Members: $5; Non-Members: $15)
• donations from members, their families and others
• Participation in Amazon Smile (please select NH Ventures as your charity)
• A really cool Beef n Beer Party / Fundraiser held each year on the Friday before Thanksgiving
Paul Gever, Mentor-in-Chief
215.400.0970 Email: email@example.com
"Life’s an adventure
We’re living it, and everyone’s invited."
Creating a Social World for Adults on the Autism Spectrum